Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What to do with all that pulp?

As I have been on my juicing journey here the last we weeks I can't help but feel bad for throwing away all the pulp from the fruits and veggies. In this case I saved just the carrot pulp to make some tasty crackers. I have read some great recipes from burgers to muffins, but this cracker idea caught my eye or shall I say taste buds. Since struggling with bloating lately, my intake has been small of just about everything as my stomach fills up quickly. So these turned out nice and light and were a great hit with the boys too! Will helped me make them while Ben washed up the juicer from the carrot juicing process. I enjoy time in the kitchen with my babes so much!!! The recipe to follow.



My water boy :)

Freshly squeezed lemon

Braggs liquid aminos

A little taste test :)


Haha, so fun :) Thank you God for JOY! 

Carrot pulp, lemon, liquid aminos, (not shown 1/2 cup flaxseed meal being added. William sampled that as well! Hehe)




Flattened on parchment paper, scored and put into the oven.

All done, I  started to break them up a little bit.


The finished product. Mmm crunchy and soooo good!




Ingredients: 
3 cups carrot pulp
The juice of one lemon
1 T Braggs liquid aminos
1/2 cup Bobs Red Mill Flaxseed meal

(Additional water can be added for a softer cracker -- I made these to be crunchy)

Directions: preheat oven to 170 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Line tray with parchment paper, flatten pulp mixture and score. Put in oven for 5 hours. 

Enjoy!!! 


You could use any pulp mixture with these, I wanted these to be solely carrots. Additional add-ins could be chia seeds, sunflower seeds, and whatever else your brilliant mind can think of! Please feel free to comment and leave suggestions below! I'd love to hear what your thoughts are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment