Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Discourage vs Encourage

This morning my babes and I were learning about how we can become discouraged in this world. 

Discouragement can come when playing with each other, becoming frustrated with ourselves or our situation and hopes for the future.

But Jesus has come so that we may be encouragement and hope in this life. 

Specifically we read through Psalm 42. We talked about how the man that wrote it was discouraged and how the devil sometimes tries to steal our joy. Kind of like the Shape Bandit steals shapes from Umicity or Swiper likes to take things from Dora and her friends. 

I took it a step further and opened my study Bible where the boys and I read when discouragement overwhelms us, first we should examine our thought life. If we have been thinking negative, self defeating thoughts, then it's no wonder we get discouraged. Think discouraging thoughts and become discouraged. Think condemning thoughts and you will be condemned, and so on. But why not change your thinking and be set free!! There's an example in there I read that I have been looking for something  to start my day and have it have an affirming, positive, authoritative, applicable prayer statement to set my mind. If you have an suggestions you've either come across or put together yourself, I'd love to hear them!!! You can either email me or leave it in the comments below! Onto the prayer from my study Bible. 

"Well, things are going a little slowly, but, thank God, I am making some progress. I am sure glad I'm on the right path that will lead me to freedom. I had a rough day yesterday. I chose wrong thinking. Father, forgive me, and help me to keep on keeping on. I made a mistake, but at least that is one mistake I won't have to make again. This is a new day. You love me, Lord. Your mercy is new every morning. I refuse to be discouraged. I refuse to be condemned. Father, the Bible says that you do not condemn me. You sent Jesus to die for me. I'll be fine --Today will be a great day! I ask You to help me chooseright thoughts today."

I already feel a lift in my spirit after that, how about you? I love the power of Jesus's name! I praise God His mercies are new every morning and we get second, third, fourth, fifth, and many times over to grow in Christ everyday. He sees our heart and knows our thoughts, may those thoughts be solely and completely fixed on Him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment