Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Beautiful timing

"He has made everything beautiful in HIS time!" Ecclesiastes 3:11


This verse is on my heart tonight. I'm not trying to say God has made beautiful, but more of the process of what beauty actually is and how it happens in His time. 


The vein side of me lately has been feeling a bit bummed. My jeans are fitting the tighest they have in some time. Immediatly I thought Awwww man!!! How did this happen? I'm not eating as cleanly as I know I could but I'm not doing THAT bad!!! But obviously it's enough to have changed the way my clothes fit. I haven't even reweighed myself from that previous Shakeology cleanse post because I just feel no matter what I do, I'm holing onto weight lately. I know it's my sleep (as I sit and type at 1:26am), and stress (I don't feel stressed right now but there are big changes happening & subconsciously I know I carry that in my body). And so between those two things and oh yes, my personal food intake (cals in vs cals out) AND lack of exercise, the pounds are creeping in.  When it comes to exercise, I started up again recently but now our treadmill and DVD player are packed, so I haven't been hitting it as hard or frequent as I'd like. I'm TOTALLY getting off subject here!! See! My vanity and pride have all these excuses! But I was thinking about this today and tonight and I thought I don't have to stay this way. I know things will calm down. I know I will get back to where I want to be, so there's no reason to stress about it or beat myself up for where I'm at. I am safe and warm and loved and have SO much. So my jeans are growing ever more tight... I guess I'll be sporting sweat pants or athletic pans till I can fit!  My main thought was God has me here for a reason, and rather than run AWAY and hide because I'm bummed and ashamed, I want to run TOWARDS him and hear him speak such promises to me! 





So it's really not about the jeans and I cannot help be reminded to be thankful for where I'm at right now and be thankful for what God is showing me. Though this as well I am reminded my body is His temple, as well as He is my body's ultimately healer and. So why not present my requests to Him and pour out my heart to Him.  Speaking of which, I will soon be writing another post about that very topic -- turning to God, not food. Until then, thank you for reading and I hope I've inspired you to find the beauty in yourself and your current circumstance!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment