Friday, January 10, 2014

Post op


Alrighty then. My body is getting a little too fluffy. This non movement is catching up with me and I've gotta tame the beast before it gets too far ahead of me!! I'm officially 6 weeks post laparoscopy surgery & I can work out and lift more than 20 lbs now. I have not worked out consistently the past 5-6 months because of the extreme pelvic pain I've been experiencing. OB is ruled out, moving onto possible back/pelvic nerve damage? My heart continues to go out to friends, family members & those I do not even know who live with any sort of pain on a daily basis. 



Weigh-in today: 146



3 day Shakeology cleanse

I'm supplmenting Shakeology for breakfast & lunch & eating a large vegetable for dinner. My goal is to drink 5 of my 24 oz water bottles before 7pm. I'll drink water upon rising & not eat past 8pm. Also this is ONLY 3 days & would be dangerous (in my opinion) to go on this low of a calorie regimn for more than 3 days. No snacks, no coffee, no soda, no candy. I may mix in some fruit but it will stay around 1/2 cup. 

Come back in 3 days & let's see what happens!!!

On a side note. I am not doing any intense workouts, just walking on treadmill & some weight lifting -- since I've lost most of my progress (muscle tone) from not working out the past 5 months, I will be starting slow.  We are also moving in 3 weeks which will throw off my routine, but not be impossible! 

As I typed that last sentence, all too quickly my mind is flooded with God's promises......"Nothing is impossible with God! I have created you in My image. You were born to bring glory to My name, not suffer. Draw near to Me & I will draw near to you. You have already won the battle, just take hold of it & believe!!! Believe in Me stronger than your doubt. Believe in Me stronger than your cravings. Believe in Me stronger than your insecurities. Believe in Me stronger than your pain. Believe in Me stronger than your discomfort. Believe in me stronger than your need to control. Believe in Me stronger than your plan. Just lift up your hands to Me & say, 'I believe'."


On a side note. I don't normally go by the scale. I go more by how my clothes fit. When I can tell I am gaining, I weigh-in to track my progress back down to normal range (for me I'm shooting for 130-135). So the scale saying 146 isn't like ohhhh I gotta loose weight. It just confirms my late night snacking and never-ending Christmas treats mentality needs to stop. I feel better, stronger, and healthier when I am not eating the junk & need to give myself a little wake up call. At the end of the day 146 is just a number and I am not defined by a number, it's simply a place to start and a knowledge base since I don't really know my weight at any given time unless I'm being weighed at a dr appointment or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment